This Privacy Notice tells you how Buddy’s Home Furnishings processes your personal data when you apply for a position with Buddy’s. We also may provide you with additional information when we collect personal data, where we feel it would be helpful to provide relevant and timely information.
What Personal Data We Collect
We process the following types of personal data when you apply for a position with us:
• Data you provide to us: We collect and store any data you provide us through your application on our recruitment portal, including your contact details; your application materials (resume, cover letter, previous work experience, education, and transcripts, and our notes from any interviews with you); your desired salary, type of employment sought and date available; your identification documents (driver’s license, government issued identification, immigration status); and any other data you submit to us, including any correspondences you may have with us during the application process.
• Data from other sources: We obtain data about you from other sources, including recruiters, employment research firms, identity verification services, the references you provide to us, application forms, websites and other publicly accessible data on the Internet. We may also receive data you submit to us through third-party websites. We collect details of professional registrations, and sanctions with professional bodies, financial checks or background checks.
• Information we collect automatically: When you make an application through our online portal, we may collect information sent to us by your computer, mobile phone or other access device. For example, this includes the pages you access, your computer IP address, device identifiers, the type of operating system you are using, your location, mobile network information, standard web log data and other information, your browser type and traffic to and from our site.
Why We Collect, Use and Store this Personal Data
We collect, use and store your personal data for the reasons set out below:
• Where this is necessary for Buddy’s to review and assess your application for employment. This includes assessing your skills and interest in career opportunities at Buddy’s, processing your application, analyzing your qualifications, verifying your identity and your eligibility for employment, and communicating with you about your application to respond to your inquiries and schedule interviews.
• Protecting our legitimate business interests and legal rights. This includes, but is not limited to, use in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory, auditing, investigative and disciplinary purposes (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation) and other ethics and compliance reporting requirements.
• Maintaining the security and integrity of our facilities, equipment and electronic platforms. This includes administering access rights, monitoring compliance with company protocols, and where permitted by local law and in accordance with relevant policies, for investigations and disciplinary actions.
• Where necessary to comply with a legal obligation. Disclosures to law enforcement agencies or in connection with legal claims, or regulatory purposes (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation).
• Where you have given consent.
How We Share Your Personal Data
We share some of your personal data with other members of Buddy’s to administer and manage group functions or to refer you for other open positions (including with franchisees who may then contact you directly). Your personal data will also be shared with companies providing services under contract to Buddy’s, such as training providers, help desk providers and IT hosting and/or IT maintenance providers. Personal data will also be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes above, if mandated by law or if required for the protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws. If a Buddy’s business is sold or integrated with another business (in part or whole), your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchaser’s adviser and will be passed to the new owners of the business / business unit.
If you have questions or wish to contact us for any reason in relation to our personal data processing, please contact Buddy’s Home Furnishings by using our contact form.